Nearly Invisible Orthodontics With Invisalign
The idea of traditional braces is terrifying for some patients. Memories of brackets and wires, headgear and bands, or forbidden foods haunt their nightmares. Orthodontics have come a long way, though; while traditional braces are still a viable option, Invisalign is preferred by those who want to be more subtle with their bite corrections and smile straightening treatments.
The Perks of Invisalign
So many dentists and orthodontists use Invisalign for a reason – their patients LOVE it! Here’s why:
- The aligner trays are almost invisible. As suggested by it’s name, Invisalign aligns your teeth without being obvious. The clear plastic aligner trays are barely noticeable to those who don’t know you’re using them.
- You have freedom! With traditional braces, your diet is limited. With Invisalign, you remove your aligner trays when you eat, drink, and clean your teeth. This means that no foods are off-limits. Corn-on-the-cob, candy apples, and caramel can all be enjoyed without fear of damaging your braces.
- Oral hygiene is a breeze. Because you remove Invisalign when you clean your teeth, there is no need for floss threaders, go-between brushes, or irrigation devices. You will brush and floss your teeth just as you would without orthodontics. The aligner trays themselves are easy to clean, as well.
- You will witness your progress without obstruction. Because the aligner trays are clear and you change them every few weeks, you will actually observe your teeth moving into position. Nothing is as encouraging as seeing results!
- Invisalign saves time. For most adults, Invisalign treatment takes 12-18 months. For adolescent patients, the process may take more time, depending on the corrections that are needed.
Is It For You?
Not everyone is a candidate for Invisalign. Because progress is ultimately up to each patient, Invisalign wearers must be willing to do the following:
- Wear aligner trays 20-22 hours a day. While they must be removed for eating and cleaning, the trays must be worn consistently to be effective.
- Take good care of their teeth. Brushing after each meal, flossing daily, and making regular trips to the dentist are required to keep teeth healthy as they shift into place. Wearing aligner trays over unclean teeth invites decay.
- Visit the dentist about every six weeks. This is the only way to ensure that the teeth are progressing as expected. Missing out on appointments could lead to delayed results.
Only your dentist can determine if you are a candidate for Invisalign treatment. Your bite, desired results, and lifestyle all play an important role in your ability to be successful. If you are interested in learning more about Invisalign treatment, contact Dental Concepts today. We’d love to make your dream smile a reality.
Contact Dr. Kevin Carbonell: Your Dentist in Boca Raton
2500 N. Military Trail, #230 – Boca Raton, FL 33431
Mon: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Tues: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Wed: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Thurs: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Fri: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
© 2023 Dr. Kevin Carbonell