Why Dental Implants Can’t Be Beat
You open up your email to find an invite to a Fourth of July barbecue. Your first instinct is to be excited; it will be so much fun to spend time with friends and neighbors. Your second instinct is to click “decline” and forget the invitation ever existed. Why? You’re worried that your dentures will slip, that fellow guests won’t be able to understand you, that people will give you that look of pity when you cut the corn off of the cob or cut those delicious ribs into tiny pieces, and that any or all of these occurrences could make for a miserable time. Whether you’re completely familiar with this scenario or just now beginning to contemplate replacement options for missing teeth, Dental Concepts of Boca Raton has the perfect solution for you: dental implants.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are biocompatible threaded structures that are surgically placed into your jaw to mimic natural tooth roots. When your jaw and gums have healed, the implants are used to attach natural-looking prosthetic teeth. There are countless reasons why our patients prefer dental implants to other replacement options, including:
- Unparalleled stability. Implants are individually placed and, once your jaw has healed from the procedure, they simply don’t move.
- Unrestricted eating. Because they are so stable, you can eat whatever you want with dental implants. Corn on the cob? Check. Caramel apple at the Broward County Fair? Check. Beef jerky? Check! Your implants will function just like natural teeth, opening up an entire world of culinary delights.
- Easy cleaning. Your implant-secured prosthetics look and function just like natural teeth, which means that you clean them just like natural teeth. Simply brush after every meal, floss daily, and visit your dentist as recommended. No overnight soaking required.
- Unimpeded speaking ability. Implants stay put, which means they won’t shift or slip when you’re speaking. Those clicking sounds and difficult to pronounce “F” and “S” sounds will be a thing of the past.
- Improved confidence. More than anything else, this is why dental implants can’t be beat. The prosthetics are individual, so they look like (or even better than) the teeth you were born with. When you don’t have to worry about how you look, speak, laugh, smile, or eat, you can genuinely enjoy every social opportunity. No more declining invites to barbecues or other occasions!
Am I a Candidate?
The best candidates for dental implants have sufficient jaw bone structure and good gum health. If you don’t happen to meet these requirements, there’s no need to worry. Bone grafting and periodontal treatments can improve your overall dental health and help you become implant-ready.
The only way to know for sure if you’re a candidate for implants is to come in for a consultation. If you live in or near Boca Raton, we’d love to help you have the smile you’ve always wanted. Contact Dental Concepts to schedule an appointment.
Contact Dr. Kevin Carbonell: Your Dentist in Boca Raton
2500 N. Military Trail, #230 – Boca Raton, FL 33431
Mon: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Tues: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Wed: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Thurs: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Fri: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
© 2023 Dr. Kevin Carbonell